Monday, October 1, 2007

Fresh for '07, you suckazzzzzzzz

So this is my new blog. I still feel the same. I thought that once I started a blog I would have a slight tingle in my nether-regions. No such tingling. Woe. Anyway, for anyone who has taken the time to visit my latest stop on the information superhighway, (I’m old) I’d like to take a moment to explain the genesis, concept and purpose of this blog.

The idea for doing this blog came to me one day when I did some repugnant ass shit. I, no doubt, lost a few points on my personal black-o-meter. Not thinking, in the middle of a conversation with a coworker about a lengthy phone call I had with an acquaintance, I said THAT word. Yea. Actually, I’m not 100% sure I said it, but I’m pretty sure I did. Sure enough to want to kick my own ass… twice. So after I realized what I did, I felt the need to vent my shame to somebody. (I also probably felt the need to be reprimanded) But alas, not another Negro in sight. Then I got kind of pissed.

The second reason I started this blog is because working in downtown Cleveland frustrates me. I told a friend of mine’s father, that some days, driving into downtown, you could swear you are in Johannesburg, South Africa.

The final reason is that I just wanted to start a damn blog because I don’t write recreationally nearly as much as I should.

So The Franklin Blog was born. Franklin. The lone black kid in Peanuts. In a very real way, I’m not that far off professionally. I work in an industry where black men are few and far between. In a city, where the distance is probably much farther.


This blog is just a way for me to vent on the times I get that “Franklin” feeling, comment on whatever and share random stuff I find on the internets to anybody who happens to visit or do a Google search on “Amazing Ass Naked Pictures of Kerry Washington, Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union Swimming in Buttery Grits." Yummy.

Welcome.

Game on.

1 comment:

trampoline said...

Well, look at it this way - where there was no physical stimulation, at least you're picking up a good pack of fans in less than a month.

(Just wanted to let you know that we're out here.)